Doing laundry is a part of our daily chores. Why is doing laundry so important? Well, the answer is straightforward- if you do not; you will be smelly! What is the use of those fancy shampoos and body gels, keeping the body clean- when the clothes are dirty? If you are not going to follow up and don’t clean after yourself, who will do it for you?
Washing clothes is an important part of keeping yourself hygienic and your home clean. However, this can be a challenging task as you don’t want to spend hours scrubbing away at your favourite hoodie and then have it come out of the dryer looking like it has been through a v.
In this article, you will learn; that it all boils down to a few things which are more important than just keeping your home clean and smelling fresh.
Because the last thing you want is for your clothes to smell like an old lady, or have a pile of dirty clothes welcoming your guests. And, that is why you need washing machines, so your job can be done hassle-free!
The laundry room at your house
Indeed, setting up a laundry room in your house isn’t always easy because of limited space and budgets- but we’ve got some tips on how to make sure your laundry room is fully functional and works for your needs!
Tips to set up a laundry room
- A laundry room is like a magnet that attracts clutter and mess.
- It is vital to choose the right location to place the laundry equipment- ideally, the room should be adjoining the kitchen, bathroom, or the veranda. However, far from the main hall and living space.
- Assign designated zones- wet and dry, in the room.
- Place the washing machines in the wet zone. A washing machine is a costly investment-thus, it requires proper maintenance and timely repairs for longer durability. Besides that, you should always look for professional Electrolux washing machine repairs to fix the washing machine defects. Another significant placement is of the plug- which should be kept away from the wet zone!
- The set-up of the dry zone should be done creatively, utilizing the space at its maximum. This includes- installing vertical cabinets for storing detergents, horizontal cabinets with ironing board on top and storage space at the bottom to keep the dirty cloth baskets, having the drying racks attached at a height above, and etc.
Having your own washing machine and dryer means that you can
- Save money by not having to pay someone else to do the work
- Save time by not having to go out shopping for fresh clothes every day
- Reduce your carbon footprint by not using any gas-powered machines or electric appliances which are used at the laundromat
- Have clothes washed safely and save attires from being damaged or fading away
A lot of people use dry cleaning and laundry services to do their laundry. However, there are some disadvantages to this. You can’t control the temperature of the water or how much soap or detergent you are using. You also don’t know what chemicals will be used on your clothes and what kind of detergent is used.